Setup -> Options
This is a collection of some overall program settings. When the values are
set as desired, tap OK; or tap X to dismiss the list without
making any changes.
The Labels section controls how and how many objects are labeled.
- With names sets whether labels will include the object's
- With magnitudes sets whether labels will include the object's
magnitude, written to tenths of magnitude without a decimal point. For
example, a magnitude of 6.4 will be written 64. If labels also include
names (ie, the previous option is also on) the magnitude will be in
- Show brightest sets how many of the brightest objects
are labeled, or this can be set to label All objects.
Deep sky objects are counted separately.
GSC stars are neither counted nor displayed if the label is set for
Modest effort is employed to avoid overlapping labels.
Regardless of this number, labels will only
be drawn if the toolbar button is also On.
Below are several other options:
- Auto rotate to Up sets whether the display rotation
control is automatically set so that up at the center of the display
agrees with up when looking at the local sky. As a special case, when
this option is turned off, the rotation is set back to zero.
- Night vision colors sets whether the display is
drawn using shades of red.
- Flip left-right sets whether the display should be
drawn flipped about the vertical center line.
- Flip top-bottom sets whether the display should be
drawn flipped about the horizontal center line.
- Topo, else Geocentric sets whether PSC positional
information is computed with respect to the current
Location or the center of
- Eq of Date, else 2000 sets whether PSC positional
information is computed for the equinox of date (the current
moment) or the equinox reference at 2000.